On VARO’s websites some of your personal data will be collected. It is obligatory and natural for VARO to only collect, process and use this data in accordance with the relevant regulations governing the protection of personal data for the purpose of contract processing and the preservation of legitimate internal business interests with regard to the service and support for internet users and interested people. As far as anonymised or pseudonymised data is sufficient for the aforementioned purposes VARO will only use this form of data.
As far as we store data we have implemented vast security measures in order to protect personal data, e.g. against unauthorized access and misuse. The procedures used in this context, moreover, are regularly checked and adapted to technical progress.
Which data will be collected by us and how we use such data can be found in the following information:
1. Data-gathering and processing
If the user visits our website information concerning all access to the website and all accesses to files stored on the website will be logged in an access protocol. Such protocol data will only be stored for internal system performance and statistical purposes for the operation, safety and optimisation of our website.
In this context the provider of our website automatically collects and stores information in so-called Server-Log-Files, which your browser automatically transfers to the server of our website provider. These Server-Log-Files inter alia contain the following data:
- browser-type / browser-version of the accessing device,
- used operating system of the accessing device,
- referrer-URL (the previously visited website),
- IP-address and hostname of the accessing computer / device,
- name of the accessed website and the accessed file,
- access time and data volume as well as
- date and time of the server inquiry.
This data will be stored anonymously and cannot be assigned to specific individuals. The data will not be combined with other data sources. We reserve the right to review this data at a later time if we become aware of specific indications for unlawful use.
2. Use and disclosure of personal data
We will only use your personal data, i.e. individual information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable individual, which according to the current case law also includes the IP-address, for contract processing as well as customer- and technical-administration. Your personal data will only be forwarded to a third party if this is necessary for contract processing and for billing purposes or if you expressly consented thereto beforehand. You have the right to revoke the consent granted in this respect via e-mail to [email protected] at any time, with effect for the future. The deletion of the personal data stored is carried out if you revoke your consent for the storage, if knowledge of the same is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose pursued or if the storage of the same is or will be inadmissible on other legal grounds. It is pointed out that in case the consent for processing and storing of personal data is revoked, unfortunately the further provision of this internet service by us will no longer be possible.
Users, who have forwarded their telephone number and/or e-mail-address and/or further contact data to us and have separately agreed to their personal data being used in accordance with the relevant regulations governing the protection of personal data for our own advertising purposes, may be contacted by us via telephone, e-mail or letter to be informed about special offers. The user can unsubscribe at any time by sending us a corresponding e-mail via the aforementioned e-mail-address.
In case of inquiries via our website or via e-mail the provided and transmitted contact data (e.g. name, address, telephone number or e-mail-address) will only be used by us for processing the inquiry and for follow-up purposes. We will not provide this data to a third party without the user’s permission.
In case of application documents and other documents proactively transmitted or transmitted as a response to a job offer via e-mail, the data safety during data transfer cannot be completely guaranteed. It is pointed out that unencrypted e-mails transmitted via the internet are not sufficiently protected against unauthorized access by third parties. In general, an unencrypted e-mail is technically not a safe way of communication. We therefore recommend the use of an encryption or a postal service for the transfer of confidential information and documents.
- the user agrees to the collection, processing and use of personal data by us as far as this is necessary for the use of this internet service;
- the protection of the user’s personal data is very important to us. We therefore undertake to respect the user’s privacy. To ensure that we can make our website available to the user the collection and use of certain personal data of the user is necessary;
- we only use the user’s data for statistical purposes, for technical administration and for processing contracts already concluded. The user’s data will only be used for other purposes if a corresponding user’s consent exists. The user’s data will only be given to a third party if this is necessary for the rendering of this internet service;
- the user has the right to request us to inform him about the user’s stored personal data. In addition, the user has the right to request us to rectify, delete or block the user’s personal data.
- provided that cookies are placed, the user agrees to accept that a cookie is being placed on the user’s computer when the user visits our website. Cookies are small text files that are sent from a webserver to the user’s internet browser and that are downloaded and stored on the user’s computer. These cookies do not enable us to identify the user. We only have the possibility to gather information concerning the user’s use of our website that we can view during the user’s visit (e.g. visited sites, date and time of visit, etc.). The user can also reject the storage of cookies by accordingly adjusting the settings of his internet browser; however, in this case the user may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website. The user can also separately delete each cookie at any time. Instructions concerning this can be found in the operating instructions of the user’s computer and internet browser.
- our website uses plug-ins provided by facebook.com. Facebook is a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. As a result of the plug-in each time our website is accessed by a user, the plug-in prompts the user’s browser to download an image of this plug-in. Through this process, Facebook is informed precisely which of our websites is being accessed. When the user accesses our websites while logged onto the user’s Facebook account, Facebook uses information gathered by the plug-in to identify the precise website the user accessed and associates this information with the user’s personal Facebook account. Whenever the user clicks on the “Like“ button, for example, or enters a comment, this information is transmitted to the user’s personal Facebook account and is stored there. In addition, Facebook is informed of the user’s use of our services. This occurs regardless of whether the user clicks on a component or not. If the user wishes to prevent the transfer to and storage of data by Facebook about the user and the user’s interaction with our services, the user must first log out of Facebook before visiting our website. Facebook’s data protection policies provide additional information, in particular about the collection and use of data by Facebook, the user’s rights in this regard as well as the options available to the user for protecting the users privacy. The user can also find an overview of Facebook plugins.
- our websites include a plug-in provided by Twitter. Twitter is a service of Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. plug-inplug-inplug-in. The user may change the user’s data privacy settings in the user’s Twitter account settings.
- Our services use a plug-in provided by the network LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a service of the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Each time our websites including the LinkedIn plug-in are accessed, the plug-in prompts the user’s browser to download an image of this plug-in from LinkedIn. Through this process LinkedIn is informed exactly which of our websites is being accessed. When the user clicks on the LinkedIn “recommend button“ while logged into the user’s LinkedIn account, the user can link content from our websites to the user’s LinkedIn profile. This allows LinkedIn to associate the user’s use of our websites with the user’s LinkedIn account.
- our websites include a video plug-in from Vimeo to stream videos. Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, LLC located in 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA. As soon as you access our websites/services equipped with a Vimeo plug-in, a connection with Vimeo’s servers will be established. In that regard, the information on which of our specific services/websites has been used/accessed by the user will be forwarded to the Vimeo server. If the user should, in addition, be logged into the user’s Vimeo account, the user will enable Vimeo to link the user’s behavior with the user’s Vimeo account. The user can disable this possibility by logging of from the user’s Vimeo account and deleting the relevant Vimeo cookies before using our services. Further information concerning the collection and use of the user’s data by Vimeo the user can find in the respective data protection information.
- our websites use the analytic-tool Google Analytics and the remarketing tool Google Remarketing, services provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as “Google”) to help us to analyse how users use our websites. These tools use “cookies”, which are text files placed on the user’s computer, to help the websites analyze how users use the websites. The information generated by the cookies about the user’s use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. In case of activation of the IP-anonymization, Google will anonymize the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this websites for the purpose of evaluating the user’s use of the websites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and for providing other services us relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transmit this information to third parties, in so far as Google is legally obliged to do so or in so far as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Third parties, including Google, will place ads on websites on the internet. Third parties, including Google, use saved cookies to place ads based on the previous visits of the user on our websites. Google will under no circumstances associate the user’s IP address with any other data of Google. The user can also reject the storage of cookies by accordingly adjusting the settings of the user’s internet browser; however, we have to point out that in this case the user may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our websites. By using our websites the user agrees to the processing of the data collected about the user by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- If the user does not want Google Analytics to collect the user’s data, the user may also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing the following Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for the user’s current web browser.
- our websites use the analytic-tool Hotjar, a web analytics service provided by Hotjar Ltd. (/www.hotjar.com), Level 2, St Julian's Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julian's STJ 1000, Malta, Europe (hereinafter referred to as “Hotjar”) to help us to analyze how users use (clicks, mouse movements, scroll behavior, etc.) our websites. This analytic-tool uses “tracking code” and “cookies”, which are text files placed on the user’s computer, to help the websites create information on how users use the websites. The information thereby generated will be transmitted to and stored by Hotjar on servers in Ireland. The tracking code gathers the following information:
Device dependent data - the following information can be recorded by the user’s device and the user’s browser:
- IP-address of the user’s device (collected and stored in an anonymous data format);
- the user’s e-mail-address, including the user’s first and last name, insofar as the user has provided this data by means of our websites;
- the size of the screen of the user’s device;
- the type of device and information about the browser;
- the geographical location (only the country);
- the user’s preferred language for using our websites;
- the user’s interactions;
- the user’s mouse interactions (movements, position and clicks);
- the user’s keystrokes.
- Log data - the following data will automatically be generated when Hotjar is used:
- the related domain;
- the pages visited by the user;
- the geographical location (only the country);
- the user’s preferred language for using our websites;
- the date and time our websites were accessed.